Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Do blondes have more fun?


That's the age old question, isn't it? Or do brunettes have more fun pretending to be blond? There was an article recently about Katharine McPhee going from brunette to blond. Click on her name if you want to see it. You can also vote which color you think suits her. Personally, I thought she looked way better with brown hair. Either way, I had a lot of fun with the TAAZ site yesterday. My friend Ashlee posted a picture of herself on Facebook after giving herself a virtual makeover, so I had to try it. I used to have an old makeover computer program, but it was really hard to work. This online site is super easy and a lot of fun to mess around with.

At first, I just wanted to see what I'd look like with blue eyes. My mom has blue eyes and so does my sister. Both my brother and I got our dark brown eyes from our dad. It was fun seeing what blue eyes would look like on me. Click here if you want to see before and after of me with blue eyes. I didn't change my make-up, other than darken my lipstick. This picture above cracks me up. I've always had brown hair. I've changed the shade, from brown to red to dark brown, but I've never seen it blond. The closest I've come is to highlighting it with Sun-In back in the early 80s. I had to laugh when I saw this -- I look ready to walk the streets! If you want to see the before and after of this one, click here. It's pretty dramatic -- and silly.

The site recommends you pull your hair back for your picture. I used one I had, so you can see my dark brown hair sticking out at the bottom. That reminded me of Terri Nunn from the old 80s band, Berlin. Remember them? They sang that song, Take My Breath Away from the Top Gun soundtrack. Terri has always had blond hair with the ends dark brown. I'm not sure about the new look, but it was fun to play with. Even if I wanted blue eyes, there's no way I could deal with contacts. I can't put eyedrops in to save my life, so contacts would be impossible. It's fun to see the difference. Well, I better go. I need to dig through my closet and find my stripper shoes ...

11 comments:

  1. Rena...what a different look for you...I think you look like you could be the next Vampire Queen in some movie...grin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL,Rena. I don't think it looks too bad,but you can tell it's not your natural color. I think people were specially made so that their skin tone,hair,and eye color suit them perfectly.Why mess with perfection? It looks fun though,and I just may try it out myself.

    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rena....I chuckled when I seen you with that blonde wig and wondered what are you up to now?! :D

    I went to her picture and thought....ehhh....it's not bad, but she is definitely prettier as a brunette.

    What a fun post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! How crazy to see you all blonde! Awesome post.

    But you might want to hold off on the stripper shoes. You look gorgeous just the way you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhh! how fun! I may have to try this. You look awesome no matter what color hair you have . . . you little hottie, you! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally I think you are much more beautiful as a brunette. Same with Katherin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rena, I tried this too after seeing yours! It's fun! You look beautiful either way, but I'm partial to brunettes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heeheehee -- thanks for your comments. The hair is a bit much, but I like the blue eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun. I'm going to have to see what I'd look like as a brunette with brown eyes. My sisters both have dark hair and eyes. One sister has totally pitch black hair. I got left out in the color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool! I love it. What a great idea. I like you with dark hair better I think, but you could pass for a blonde any day. Very glamorous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool site Rena! I have bookmarked it to play with later! You look good as a blond... but great as a brunette! :) And speaking as a brunette, we have WAY more fun anyway! lol

    Speaking of contact lenses, I wore them all through high school without a problem. Then once I had an allergic reaction to Vince's cat and my eye swelled shut - with the contact inside. I never wore contacts again!

    ReplyDelete