That's always been a funny question. Typically, it was asked of men to see what type of women they like to gain insight on their personality. However, I remember girls asking each other which character they'd rather be too. I don't know about you, but I grew up watching Gilligan's Island. It aired from 1964 to 1967, so I caught it in syndication later. I could relate more to Mary Ann with her down-to-earth personality, but Ginger was always my favorite character on the show. Her outfits were absolutely stunning.
Speaking of Ginger -- today is Tina Louise's birthday. I came across it as I was reading about some things that happened on February 11 and her name showed up. I had no idea if she was even still alive, so I started to read more about her and found some interesting facts ...
- Her mother, Betty Horn was a NYC fashion model.
- Tina didn't have a middle name.
- Her drama teacher picked the name Louise.
- Tina Louise is her Hollywood stage name.
- Her real name is Tina Blacker.
- The part of Ginger was turned down by Jayne Mansfield.
- She didn't care for her part as Ginger Grant.
- Tina declined to be in any of the Gilligan's Island reunions.
- She recorded four musical albums.
- Tina has written two books, including one for children.
- She is/was due to have another children's book out.
- Tina was married to Les Crane, but divorced in 1974.
- She has a daughter, Caprice Crane, who writes 90210.
Well, that's probably way more than any of us needed to know, but oh well. When I saw her name come up, I was curious if she was even alive, or what she had been doing. I really only know her from Gilligan's Island, but she did a bunch of other things after that show. She is 76 years old today. Think I'll have a piece of Neil's leftover birthday cake in her honor. ;)