Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Blah ...


This clipart is so me right now. I've been feeling really down in the dumps. It's not serious and nothing I can go over right now. There's no need to worry. I'm just whining and feeling sorry for myself. Most of it I have no control of, so it really doesn't matter. Some days I feel okay and other days I just want to crawl under a rock and disappear. Do you ever have one of those days where you feel you're just not good enough? Or that you don't live up to people's expectations? Or that maybe some people want you to be more like other people? Or that you're just not worth someone's time? Yeah, that's me. Piss, moan, piss, moan, whine, whine, whine ...

I apologize for not keeping up with everyone's blogs. Thank you for taking the time to read mine when you can. I hope to catch up with everyone soon. I've been feeling very scatter-brained lately. Last night I realized I'd forgotten to do some things that I promised a few people. That made me feel like crap. I hate breaking promises or not keeping my word. So, my goal this week is try to make amends for that and do what I said I'd do for those people so they don't think I totally suck.

On another note, I've really enjoyed your marshmallow posts below. The stories have been great. I've always loved marshmallows. I remember bringing them to school and my friends and I would make marshmallow taffy. We'd squish a marshmallow between our thumbs and index fingers and twist it until it was a smooth, taffy-like texture. That was fun stuff back then. I'm one of those people who loves charred marshmallows -- the blacker, the better! Please let your friends know about my drawing for a copy of The Marshmallow Man. I'd love to hear more marshmallow stories.

9 comments:

  1. Hugs to you, Rena! You are a great mom, fabulous author, interesting blogger, and wonderful friend to many!!
    I hope you have better days soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rena, I'm sorry about the black cloud over your head. I hope you get through the slumpy feelings fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the blah and scatterbrained, just not being good enough. I finally (after the last three years) have figured out I'm going through menopause yet still have PMS at the same time. Oh how much fun. It's not the best excuse but it's the only one I have right now.

    Chin up. Things will get better after a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trust me - I TOTALLY know the feeling. Felt that way A LOT at work today. I understand the "everyone having expectations" thing a little bit too.
    It'll be okay, though! I love you!

    - Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry. If it makes you feel better, my mom teaches elementary school and I'll reccomend Marshmallow Man to her.

    Also, my new website is dedicated to humor, so check it out for a cheer em up if you like.

    theBrad (verla tag)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rena dear, no need to apologize to us. We all get to where you are at. Life comes and goes...we live it and move on to bigger and better things............now, say that directly back to me so I can believe it whole heartedly as I have had one HECK of a week at work. hahahaha :)

    Love you much and always thinking of you. You've been such a great and supportive bloggy friend to me. I wouldn't trade you or your friendship for anything in the world.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...Or that no matter how hard you run, you'll always be behind, so what's the use? Or that one more interruption will both send you to the looney bin and serve as once-and-for-all proof that what you're TRYing to do with your life just plain ain't the will of God? It's been one whale of a week and it's only Wednesday! Hope things get better for you fast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't that always the way. Feeling down is a weighty thing. The Rejectionist wrote about positivity this week - loudly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling so down in the dumps! I get like this at lest twice a week. I suffer from depression I have to take medication for, so I know how it feels to feel worthless and down. :(

    You'll come back up, I promise! You are better than the depression. And you can beat it! *HUGS*!!!

    ReplyDelete