Monday, November 1, 2010

15 Pounds ...


That's how much weight I lost from October 1st to October 31st. It's not as much as I would have liked, but I'll take it. I've been pretty happy to be able to wear some of my old clothes again. Some I haven't worn in nearly 2 years and others I've never even had a chance to wear. And since today is November 1st, I am now up to SIXTEEN pounds, so that's even better.

Rick has been following the same program and he's lost 23 pounds! We're following a diet from the book, Fat To Skinny by Doug Varrieur. Rick picked it up a few months ago and we both agreed to give it a try for one month. Since it seems to be working, we're going to stick with it for now. It's very similar to the Atkins program where you limit your carbs and sugar intake. So anyway, Rick and I both have a long ways to go to get to our goal weight, but this is a start.

12 comments:

  1. Fifteen pounds in one month is awesome! I've actually read that losing too much weight rapidly isn't very healthy and that you're more likely to put it back on, so it seems you're doing it right. Congrats on making headway with your weight goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That is a lot of progress in one month! Good for you two to stick with it! I usually gain a few pounds from October - December (Halloween candy then Thanksgiving then holiday goodies!).
    That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHEE!!! I'm there with you - well, not quite, I've lost 11 pounds. A great start to our holiday foodfests.

    So proud of you - it's tough, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY, Rena! That's awesome! =D

    I'm cheering for ya!

    Can't wait to follow you along your journey.

    Chynna
    www.lilywolfwords.ca
    www.the-gift-blog.com
    www.seethewhiteelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. 15 pounds in one month is great! Congratulations. I've gained a little weight lately and I need to lose around 10 lbs. The older I get the harder it is to lose, though. I don't have much will power.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's incredible, Rena! Congratulations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inspirational! This is a great post for my first day of finding the will and the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! That's terrific. I lost a few pounds, my old jeans fit, but I still have a muffin in the middle. UGH! I'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm impressed by anyone who can discipline themselves into losing weight. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. I'm so impressed. I can't stand the thought of diets. They make me scream and run in the other direction. I suppose I like to eat too much. My only help is that I like to run. I just wonder how long my knees will last though!

    I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow -- thanks, everyone! I'm happy to say I'm up to 17 pounds as of this morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I'm very impressed. Well done both of you. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete