Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Where is this?


Rick had a really long weekend, so he spent some of his time going through old negatives and scanning them into our computer. Most of the ones I have on print, but every now and then he comes across one that never made it into an album. The picture above is one of those and I can't for the life of me figure out where this is. We have some negatives stored neatly in a negative box and others are just tossed into a shoe box, so they're in no real order. I guess I'll have to wait until he comes across more from this particular roll to find out where it was. I'm sure it's a national park, but we've been to so many that I'm coming up empty right now. It sure is pretty. Any guesses?

In other news -- Rick and I are still following our diet. Rick's lost 30 pounds and I've lost 21 pounds. One of my goals is to be able to wear my wedding rings again. The ones I wear now aren't my original rings. I haven't been able to wear my original set since I was pregnant with Nathan. Considering he just celebrated his 11th birthday, it's been a long time! The other day I was able to get one of the rings on. My wedding set has 3 rings. That was a milestone for me because I haven't been able to get them past the halfway mark of my finger. So hopefully, it won't be too much longer. As it is now, my replacement rings are flopping all over the place, so I've taken them off for now. I can't stand floppy rings, but in this case, it's a good thing!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks, Tara! She's saying it looks like the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. We were there in the early 90s. That has to be it, especially since Rick's also scanned some pics from a Santa's Village fairly close to there. Explains the pine trees, too, which were throwing me off with the rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow. I have no idea but that place is beautiful!
    And congrats to you and Rick for sticking to your diet. You've lost over 50 pounds all together! That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, congratulations to both of you! THat does look like Garden of the Gods in CO. Springs. Pretty picture.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful picture! I have no idea where that is, but it is gorgeous!

    Congrats on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like Utah to me...congrats on those pounds shed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wherever that picture was taken, it's gorgeous!

    Congratulations on losing so much weight. 21 lbs - WOW! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! You're doing so well! I can never stick with it long enough.
    I don't know where the photo is, but it sure is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. That happens to me, too. I'm always seeing photos on our screensaver and wondering where the heck we took the pictures. And when!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so impressed with how much weight you've lost. Wow. What an accomplishment. Love that picture too!

    ReplyDelete