Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Just an old pic ...


It's kind of sad, but this is the oldest picture I have of myself at Christmas. I'm not even sure what year it was, but I would guess sometime around 1968-69. This is me with my grandmother, Roberta. Her friends called her Bobbi, which I always thought was cute. In fact, I named my main character in my newest story after her. She was a sweet lady. I don't even know what house this picture was taken in. Like I said, it's sad, but at least I have this one.

My brother and sister have some old family albums, so maybe there are others of me. I don't know. I had scanned a bunch of old photos a few years ago, but then we had some computer issues and I lost most of those files. I'm not sure if there were any Christmas ones on there or not.

The only thing I recognize in this picture -- apart from my grandmother and myself -- is the nativity on the table. We had that nativity in our house for years. Last time I saw it, my sister had it. It was really old and tattered. I'm not sure if she still has it now. In away, I wish I did because I collect nativities, even thought it was pretty beat up. I remember all the pieces were glued down and you just pulled down the front cardboard section to open it. I loved looking at it when I was little.

Anyway, there's no rhyme or reason to this blog post, nor do I have anything important to say. I guess Christmas just brings out the nostalgia in me. I just wanted to share this picture with you. I can't even force myself to crop it. Even though it's not a good picture, all that junk on the table was a part of my life -- somehow. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet picture! I'm glad you have it and the memories of your Grandmother Bobbi! Happy Holidays, Rena!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you and yours, Rena!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet.

    Have a wonderful Christmas.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a precious picture. Grandma Bobbi's smile and the way she's watching you is adorably loving. Glad you have the picture and glad you shared it. :)

    ReplyDelete