Monday, February 21, 2011

Warning -- ha, ha!


Okay, bear with me because this is hard. I'm not ready to post an official before & after picture just yet because my weight-loss progress isn't complete. I have 25 more pounds to lose to reach my goal. Once I get there, I'm hoping to get some good, full-body pictures showing my progress. As of today, I've lost 49 pounds and am really hoping to hit that 50 pound mark soon. Here are two pictures I put together that show a little of my progress.


We got Denny August 25, 2010. I started my diet October 1, 2010. This picture of me with Denny on the right was taken February 10, 2011, so that's about 5 months into my weight-loss deal. SCARY -- I know! I look just absolutely awful in that first picture because Denny was totally freaking out when I picked him up. Up until that point, he was the only cat in the shelter I hadn't petted yet. He was feral and really skittish, so I had to pick him up fast so the lady could take his picture before we shoved him into a carrier.

So, that's it for now. Like I said, I hope to have a good before & after picture to show my progress once I reach my goal. I have to laugh at this because Denny still looks like he's trying to get away. He likes me -- really! And on top of everything else, I think every pound I've lost, he's gained. He's one hefty cat. Better him than me, huh?

7 comments:

  1. That's great, Rena. I can't wait for the grande finale`!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rena, You look FABULOUS! You go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Congratulations!! You look FANTASTIC!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've yet to see a cat that looks happy to be held.
    You look wonderful--congratulations on sticking to your plan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful! Congrats on the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing, Rena! And I love how you adore your kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so amazed. You look fabulous. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete