Sunday, July 17, 2011

Very weird day ...

Today was a weird day for me. I had been looking forward to spending the day in Glacier National Park on our favorite little beach along the shore of Lake McDonald, just like we did last Sunday. I mean, seriously ... look at this picture above. Who could possibly be miserable here? ***Rena raises hand*** I could go on and on and on and on about all the things that made me miserable -- from the flies, to the heat, to the cold water, to the noisy boats, to my ill-fitting bathing suit, to being hungry -- oh, did I mention the flies? ARGH! I thought Moses & Pharaoh were in town. Seriously -- Flies of Biblical Proportions! However, I've decided to share some pictures instead. I'm sure you don't want to hear me whine. The bumble bee was huge. That sucker was over an INCH long! I had hoped he'd take on a few million flies, but he was more content sucking up goop on the rocks. I'm not sure what the pink flowers are. I tried looking them up online, but couldn't find them. I'll check in my Montana wildflower book in the morning. I feel bad for Rick and the boys. They had to spend the day with Lucy from the Peanuts gang. Even though I'm home now, I'm still feeling crabby. And it's really weird because I can still feel the flies landing on me, although there are none here. Ugh -- I need to go to bed.







6 comments:

  1. Hmmm - sorry your day wasn't all that you had hoped for, but I loved this comment: "Flies of Biblical Proportions!" ~ beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rena, We all have those days. Looks like the boys were enjoying themselves and I just loved all your pictures. Did you find out what type of flower you saw? That bumble bee is HUGE. Good thing he stayed away from you:) Abbie got stung by one last 4th of July. Blame your crabbiness on the heat wave. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can so relate. For me it's the constant unrelenting heat and lack of rain. Everyday it's the same, temps around 98, not a cloud in sight. It's driving everybody a bit crazy. We long for a change in weather, long for overcast days, long for rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to hike to a higher altitude so the bugs can't bug you! Ugh, mosquitoes will spoil a lot of things around here, so I know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh, it sounds like you had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. And that's okay.

    Bad happens. ;)

    ReplyDelete