Sunday, February 12, 2012

Freaking Scary!


I don't know about you, but this picture totally freaks me out. I mean -- big time. In light of yesterday's blog about staying motivated, I'm hoping this photograph will do that for me. It scares me. I don't want to go back to being that overweight ever again. I was a walking time bomb. My blood pressure was out of control for awhile. At times my systolic and diastolic numbers were both in triple digits. I probably could have had a stroke at any time. And to top it off, I'm sure I was borderline diabetic. Stroke, diabetes, and heart attack all run in my family with my mom. Had I not made any changes, I probably would have self-destructed. BOOM! That would be messy.

So, please bear with my pictures. I'm not posting it so I can see how hideous I look, but to be as a reminder of why I need to stay on top of things and not let myself get back to where I was. Okay, I think I'll go exercise now ...

6 comments:

  1. I like the NEW you!So keep it up. Stay on top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rena, you look amazing! You're an inspiration to me. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fabulous, Rena! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have worked really hard! Be proud of yourself. You look great!

    ReplyDelete