Saturday, June 30, 2012

Comparison Pictures


Making before & after pictures is fun, but I also like to create what I call comparison pictures. I didn't realize how many times I'd done that until last night when I was going through some photos. Most of the time I create them as a joke, like the one of me and Anthony Kiedis both wearing plaid. Other times I'm just fascinated by the similarity of two photographs, like this one of Anthony Field and Anthony Kiedis both doing a muscle-man pose.


This one below of Anthony Field from The Wiggles is a good example. I saw that picture and it looked so much like an old picture I had saved of Elvis Presley. Even the thumb was in the same spot. It was uncanny. I put them together and posted it on the old Wiggles Message Board many years back.


Last night I was looking at pictures of Morticia Addams. One of them reminded me of my author picture. I was much heavier, and of course, she is way prettier. Even so, I thought it was interesting how much alike the pictures were. I don't know -- maybe not.


Edited to add one more -- Even though the cats below aren't in the same pose, they look like the same cat. They're not! The cat on the left is Teddy, who belongs to one of my writer friends. The cat on the right is Denny.


I still like the one of me and Anthony Kiedis of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. As a kid, I hated it when my mom made me wear red plaid. But hey ... if Kiedis likes it, I can learn to live with it. Besides, I've seen that guy wearing some pretty strange outfits. I think he could totally rock the yellow yarn ribbons.


I forgot one. I made this as a joke. It's a comparison of Rick and Anthony Kiedis. I mean, really ... how many people get to hold a tiger cub? And for the record to anyone wondering what my husband thinks of my antics -- he laughs. He's been with me long enough to know I'm just being silly.


3 comments:

  1. I loved these pictures! The comparisons made me wonder what I had around the house I'd never noticed before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny! I always thought that Jim from "The Office" looked like CHevy Chase.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I showed this post to Anthony Field of The Wiggles, via Twitter. He laughed and said it was the funniest thing. Kind of made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete