Monday, January 14, 2013

What say you?


I've been in bed all day long with who-knows-what, so I haven't gotten anything done at all. I've been online on and off via my iPhone. Earlier I came across this meme and was going to post it on Facebook and Twitter. Then I thought it might be more suitable for my blog. So ...

What's something you hated when you were younger, that you truly enjoy today?

When I see stuff like this, food always comes to mind first. One thing I hated when I was younger was tamales. My mom loved them and used to make them every now and then. I remember how she'd always let me eat SpaghettiOs whenever she was fixing tamales. Now of course, I love tamales. I wasn't too fond of hot peppers when I was younger, but these days I can't get enough of them. The hotter, the better!

I also hated exercising when I was younger. I grew up in a small town in California called Ojai, and it gets HOT there. My teacher's idea of exercise was yelling, "Okay, everyone around the track four times!" It didn't matter if it was 110 degrees outside. We still had to run around that damn track. I wasn't good at running, and I responded even worse to high temperatures, so this was miserable for me. Had they made exercising somewhat bearable, I might have enjoyed it more. I learned to do that on my own, which I suppose is a good thing.

So, what about you?

6 comments:

  1. Beer. So bitter! I'd sip off my dad's can of PBR and shudder. Why would adults drink that? Now? I LOVE beer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ... beer! Yeah, that's definitely one thing I didn't like when I was younger. Love it now!

      Delete
  2. I'd have to say pumpkin pie. I hated it when I was a kid, but now I think it's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My youngest still doesn't like pumpkin pie. Then again, he's so picky about everything. I've always loved the taste of it myself. :)

      Delete
  3. Let's see. I used to hate cabbage, now I love it. I used to hate tea, now I like hot tea, just so long as I sweeten it and put creamer in it:o) Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you mentioned cabbage. I've always loved most vegetables, even when I was younger. One thing I STILL don't like are brussel sprouts. I just can't eat them, even though I do like cabbage.

      Delete