- Candy corn has been around for over 100 years.
- It was invented by George Renninger.
- A serving of candy corn has about 140 calories.
- Over 35 million pounds of candy corn is produced each year.
- That's over 9 billion pieces of candy corn.
- The variety with brown ends is called Indian Corn.
So, what is your stand on candy corn? Do you love it or do you hate it? I was on a lady's blog the other day and she posted how she hated candy corn and used it as punishment to hand out to kids who were too old to trick-or-treat. Candy corn hater! I wonder what she'd do if I showed up at her door every night? For me, it's a year-round obsession, but I mostly buy it at Halloween. Here today is National Candy Corn Day and I don't have any in the house. Perhaps I'll stop on the way home from my dentist appointment and pick some up -- heh heh.