Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Monday, March 22, 2010
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Friday, March 19, 2010
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
- Which celebrity fragrances do you like?
- Which celebrity fragrances do you not like?
- If you were a celebrity, what would you name your fragrance?
Monday, March 15, 2010
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Friday, March 12, 2010
- Nicole Kidman -- fear of butterflies
- Orlando Bloom -- fear of pigs
- Megan Fox -- fear of paper
- Billy Bob Thornton -- fear of antiques
- Christina Ricci -- fear of houseplants
- Tyra Banks -- fear of dolphins
- David Beckham -- fear of disorder
- Uma Thurman -- fear of confined spaces
- Bobby Brown -- fear of dogs and heights
- Carmen Electra -- fear of water
- Matthew McConaughey -- fear of revolving doors
- Oprah Winfrey -- fear of chewed gum
- Madonna -- fear of thunder
So, what's your phobia? Do you have one? Click here for a list. When I first started my blog in August 2008, I posted about my phobia -- Scoleciphobia. That's the fear of worms. I can't stand the things. I know they won't hurt me, but they give me the major willies. I tried to overcome the fear by writing a picture book called TOO MANY WORMS! It's about a little worm named Maude who feels overcrowded and wants to find a place where she can be alone. Did you know that there are approximately ONE MILLION worms under the ground on an acre of land? Anyway, Maude has become quite popular in our house. Neil absolutely hates her, so when and if I ever get that book published, I'm going to dedicate it to just him.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
- I have a strange fear of high places. I'm scared to death on steep mountain roads while driving in our big van, but I love it in my little Jeep. I also don't like gondola cars, but am perfectly fine sitting on a chairlift all out in the open.
- I don't like salmon. I tried it for the first time when I went on a cruise back in the early 80s. Then just recently, I tried it again and still didn't like it. I had a hard time swallowing one bite.
- I was in a bad bike accident in the 70s. I got on a bike barefoot that had no brakes and then rode down a steep hill. The only way I could stop was by making a sharp turn into a driveway, crashing into a teacher's car. I lost most of the skin off my heel and had some nasty cuts. Not the smartest thing I've done.
- I write picture books, but read political books. Yeah, I'm weird.
- I get majorly creeped out when my husband uses his back scratcher when I'm in the room. All I think about are skin cells flying in the air and going into my nose and lungs. It totally grosses me out.
- I am pretty fast at typing. I took typing class every year I could in high school. However, when it comes to taking a timed test to see what my WMP is, I clam up and usually get an awful score.
- I was accused of a crime I didn't commit when I was a little kid. I was looking at a candy display in Kmart when I noticed one of the packages was opened. Remember those candy dots that were stuck on sheets of paper? An employee walked up and accused me of eating the candy -- what a worm.
I would like to nominate the following bloggers for this award ...
And don't forget about my book giveaway! It's a few posts down. I'm giving away an autographed copy of Lemur Troops & Critter Groups. Check the blog below for details and remember to tell your friends to enter if they would like. Thanks so much!