Or in the least, I might have been seriously injured. This morning I was drinking my protein shake just as I always do. Today however, I was drinking it particularly slow because I was checking my email and Facebook page via my phone. Now normally, I have a lot of big chunks of ice in my shakes because my blender is really old. I'm talking really, really, really old.
Anyway, I get to the last sip of my shake and I hear something clunking around in my tumbler. Thinking it was just an ice cube, like usual, I toss the cup back to my mouth to get it. But right before it slid down, I saw something shiny. That wasn't an ice cube! Then I thought it might be a piece of glass. Nope! I pulled it out, only to find one of the blades from my blender. ACK!
I guess maybe my iPhone saved me because I was fussing with it and not drinking my shake as quickly as I usually do. I would like to think I would have felt this in my mouth before I swallowed it. Even so, talk about scary to think if I hadn't been paying attention. I can't remember when Rick & I got this old blender, but it was either before we got married or soon after. So, we're talking sometime in the 80s.
Rest in peace old, ancient one. You've served us well and for many, many years. I forgive you for trying to kill me this morning, but it's time for you to go. We've already found your replacement. Meet Mr. Ninja ...