Friday, February 7, 2014

If You Give Rena A Cookie ...


Oh, wow ... I forgot I had this. No, no, no ... not the RHCP album. I play that all the time. I'm talking about the little, round blue thing. Do you know what that is, or even have one? It's a CD opener. You slide it along the side of a CD and it cuts open the cellophane wrapping. It works really good. I haven't bought many hard copy CDs lately, since most of the new ones I've bought were digital. I think I got this at a Barnes & Noble store many years ago.

I totally forgot I even had it. The boys and I tend to get on some pretty wild discussions during school, and today one of our conversations led to box cutters. I went to look for an X-Acto knife or box cutter in the desk. We usually have those pushed way in the back. That's when I found the CD opener, which of course, started a whole NEW discussion.

I swear, our school days look like they fell from the pages of If You Give A Mouse A Cookie. This whole thing started off with a letter opener I was photographing. It was a pewter one my sister-in-law gave me while she was living in Norway. The boys were talking about how sharp it was, which lead to the topic of box cutters, which sent me looking for an X-Acto knife, which I then found the long-lost CD opener. Then of course, that led to me taking a picture of it, which then led to me blogging about it ... well, you get the idea, right?

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm. One thing leads to another. If you give me a cookie - I'll eat it. Then there wouldn't be anything to take a picture of or to blog about - and that would be boring. :o)

    ReplyDelete