Monday, February 1, 2016

February Books


As per my casual New Year's Resolution, these are the two books I've chosen to read during the month of February. I've started Rebel Queen already, but I haven't gotten far with it yet. I bought The Nazi Officer's Wife sometime last year at a bookstore in Billings. It sounds really interesting. I ended up reading about four books during January, even though I set my goal at just two. I figured any more would be pushing it. Two is doable ... at least for me.

Unfortunately, I didn't read much this past week. I've been sick with some sort of cold or sinus crud. Lying in bed at night with my head propped up hasn't fit in very well. One night I was hit with a migraine-type headache that was so bad I couldn't even get myself up to take anything for it. I hadn't had a headache like that in a long, long time. Because of being sick, I found myself online more, which was the main reason I decided to read more books. Frankly, social media sucks during election years. I've watched family members fight, and seen people leave ultimatums regarding who can be their friends by who they vote for. It gets ugly. Some of my writer friends on Facebook are only interested in pushing their candidate. That gets old fast.

If being sick wasn't bad enough, I slipped on the driveway yesterday and fell right on my back. I knocked my head pretty hard, but at least it hit lots of snow. Considering how close I came to the bumper of the van, I think I was pretty lucky. I woke up sore this morning. Rick and I were going to run up to the store, so I just slipped some UGGs on, thinking we'd take the Jeep in the garage. Rick had the Subaru running when I came out, so I walked carefully down the driveway, even though I knew better in those stupid boots. One second I was upright, and another second I was completely down. Ugh ... literally. That's why UGG boots were originally designed by a surfer and meant to be worn at the beach. I knew better too. It was just a mix-up on which car we were taking. But anyway ... I'm paying for it today.

6 comments:

  1. Double ouch! Hope you feel better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OUCH! Boy when it rains, it pours for you!
    The Rebel Queen looks interesting.
    I'm doing an in depth Bible Study on the Fruits of the Spirit so my casual reading has really fallen off. I did get The Graveyard Book on CD last week and listen to it in the car. I'm only averaging a book per 6 weeks so far. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any in-depth Bible study would be worth cutting back on your casual reading. I've actually been keeping up with my One Year Bible program, so I'm glad about that! How did you like The Graveyard Book?

      Delete
  3. I hope you're feeling better soon! Ouch! That Nazi wife book looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was sore for about a day, but seem to be better now. Still trying to shake the other stuff, but I'm getting there!

      Delete