Friday, December 23, 2011

To market, to market ...








Yesterday Rick, the boys, and I took a drive down to Safeway to pick up a few things before Christmas. I had my little Olympus camera with me and had fun snapping some pictures while we were driving. Normally, we do most of our shopping in Kalispell, which is about 20 miles north of where we live. This particular time we went south to the town of Polson. We drove along Flathead Lake, which is a little over 30 miles in length.

The sunset was gorgeous over the lake last night, so we stopped at Yellow Bay State Park to take a few pictures. The picture of the crawdad was taken there, but sadly, the poor thing was dead. I had to laugh when I looked at my pictures. It's just not something most people see on their everyday, average trip to the grocery store, especially not where I originally came from.

3 comments:

  1. The scenery is just beautiful.
    Driving 20 or 30 miles for groceries - that must take some planning ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I guess it would, Adrienne, but I'm pretty used to that. It's funny, but even when we lived in California, we'd travel 15-20 miles to shop in Ventura instead of Ojai. It was just too expensive in Ojai for our bigger grocery trips. It's the same here. We have a grocery store in Bigfork, but it's more expensive, so we only go there when we need just a few items. Rick makes the 40+ RT mile drive everyday for work, since he works in Kalispell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly! Not your average scenery on the way to the groecry store. Gorgeous!

    My mom lives in Vermont and going to the grocery store is a similar journey here. Gorgeous mountain roads until we finally end up at Shaw's - 25 minutes later. You definitely don't want to run out of milk in the middle of the night around here! :)

    ReplyDelete