Thursday, June 6, 2013

Remember this?


Do you remember my New Year's Resolution for 2013? It was to finish a leopard latch-hook rug kit that I started many years ago. I blogged about it here. Well, to be totally and disgustingly honest, after I took the picture for my blog, I put it back into the bag. It sat by my chair in the living room from January until just recently when I put it away before we went to Disney World. I haven't even touched it, more less worked on it. Isn't that the most pathetic thing ever?

I totally had to laugh when Neil and I wandered around the thrift store yesterday and stumbled upon the very same rug. Not only is it finished, but it's framed too. I don't particularly care for the way they framed it, but I was half-tempted to buy it and call my resolution good. Would that be wrong? I'm just kidding of course, but the thought did pop into my mind. Seeing the finished product, however, does give me hope that I might pull it back out and actually start working on it. After all, I still have SEVEN more months to get the darn thing done.

10 comments:

  1. Maybe seeing the finished product will be a little motivations for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! You have plenty of time. I latchhooked a rug when I was in junior high. It was relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. I should set aside a certain amount of time each day, even if it's just 10-15 minutes. :)

      Delete
  3. Ha! Someone finished theirs and got rid of it..what DOES that tell you? I don't think you're terrible if you give yourself a pass on it;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, no kidding, right? At least I've STARTED it, unlike some of the old cross-stitch kits I have. :)

      Delete
  4. Yes, maybe that sighting was meant to spur you on, and yours will be framed better, besides! Hope it works. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. I used to love latch hooking, so I've really wanted to get this thing done. :)

      Delete
  5. I love the idea. Finished faster ;D

    ReplyDelete