Sunday, June 15, 2014

Run, Run, Run ...


As some of you know, I'm a big fan of The Gingerbread Man. It's always been a favorite of mine. One year for school the boys and I did a week-long study of the story where we read many different versions. One was about a Gingerbread Baby. Another was about a Canjun Gingerbread Man. We read a bunch of them and did other projects that related to the story. That's when my boys and I came up with the idea for my own book, The Marshmallow Man. It's basically a retelling of the same classic story, except like the others, it features new characters. The ending is just as twisted as most of the others. I'd like to do a sequel sometime.

Anyway, recently I came across these two used picture books. I knew I had to add them to my collection. The Matzah Man is hilarious. At the end of the book is a glossary of terms used during Passover. Even though my boys are getting older, they still love reading picture books. I can't wait to read this one to them, especially for the Passover aspect. The other book is the basic retelling of the story, but the illustrations by Barbara McClintock were so amazing that I wanted to get it as well. Fun books. Maybe some day I will take a picture of all the books in my collection that relate to this famous story. I'm starting to have quite a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment