Thursday, June 25, 2015

Love this sign ...

I wish I could hang this sign up at the state park I walk at. There is a sign that people must clean up after their pets and keep them on leashes, but this one is better. People either can't read or they're just assholes. I wish I could blame this on the tourists, but the people I see with dogs are on the trail all the time, so I'm pretty sure they're local. It's so rude. I wrote to the park manager, but I doubt there is anything she can do about it. The sign is up there. Perhaps if it's not enforced, she should go out and clean up the trail everyday. This is why I prefer national parks over state parks. It's not that I'm a dog hater. I love dogs, but I shouldn't have to watch every damn step I take while trying to enjoy a local park.

4 comments:

  1. It really is the shits, isn't it?

    I've nominated you for the Creative Blogger Award for just these kinds of honest posts! Hope you'll come by and pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bish! I will get over there and pick it up! :)

      Delete
  2. UGH. Dog poop is the MOST wretched abuse of public property. At least since cigarette smoking fell out of fashion...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree. Sadly, a lot of people smoke up here. I see it a lot more than I did in California.

      Delete