Monday, May 5, 2014

Happy Cinco de Mayo!


I hope you had a great day, whether you celebrate Cinco de Mayo or not. The other day I began a new photo challenge on Instagram for book lovers. Today's challenge was "a book with a Mexican character". Well, I started going through our bookshelves when I realized I was coming up empty. How can we have so many books and not have one with a Mexican character? I only knew of one, but it was packed way in the back of a closet with our Christmas decorations. There was just no way to get that one. Then Neil reminded me of the little Mexican Chihuahua in Oliver & Company. I had that book, and sure enough, Tito was right on the cover. Whew, today's photo challenge was saved!

Even so, it still bummed me out that I didn't have any books with Mexican characters. The girls were older by the time Dora even came around. We have lots of books about other heritages like Chinese, Indian, American Indian, Jewish, and so forth. We just came up short on Mexico and I thought that was very sad. Anyway, today I was at the Salvation Army thrift store browsing through the books when I found the two above. I decided to get them both to add to our collection. Considering today is Cinco de Mayo, I thought the timing couldn't have been more perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment