Saturday, April 25, 2009

For the birds ...


Yesterday afternoon I sat down in my comfy chair in the living room to goof around on Facebook for awhile. I looked out my window next to me and saw a bald eagle soaring in circles above the trees. I've lived in Montana for 2-1/2 years now and bald eagles are a common sight. However, I still get a thrill whenever I see one. They're beautiful birds. When we'd visit Yellowstone or Grand Teton on vacation, we'd spend hours trying to spot one. Where I live now, they're pretty common to see everyday. Just as I never got tired of seeing the ocean in California, I hope I never tire of seeing wildlife here.

Someone on Facebook asked if I got a picture of the bald eagle yesterday, but it was too high up. I said I'd make up a slideshow of some of my bird photographs and post it on my blog, so that's what I'm doing today. It's not just bald eagles, but other birds I've seen here in Montana as well as other states. Most are unedited and uncropped, so I'm sure I could make them look even better. I hope you enjoy the slideshow!



8 comments:

  1. Great slide show!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rena,I enjoyed that! I just wish I knew the name of some of those.:) Also enjoyed yesterday's blog,great memories,cute photo!

    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos as always, Rena. I'd love to see a Bald Eagle in the wild.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone!

    Leanne -- Which ones? I think I can name most of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pictures Rena! I love the owl shot and the eagle - so majestic! And the turkey one... ok, I liked them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! You are a wonderful photographer, Rena. They were all so great, but I particularly liked those geese approaching. They looked to have some serious business to attend to. Very funny!

    ReplyDelete