Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hasty But Tasty!


Anyone remember the old cartoon The Ant and the Aardvark? It was produced from 1969 to 1971. I would have been 4-6 years old, so I probably watched reruns later when they showed it with the Pink Panther cartoons. Both the ant and the aardvark were voiced by John Byner. He managed to make the aardvark sound like Jackie Mason and the ant sound like Dean Martin. I remember getting up early on Saturday mornings just to watch these old cartoons. Definitely a blast from the past -- at least for me anyway. Did anyone else watch this?


12 comments:

  1. New one on me. Shades of Roadrunner and Coyote. I liked the back-ground scenery, nice detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I watched that one too. I'm sure it was in reruns too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen this before - too funny! And I believe John Byner is a good Canadian boy if I am not mistaken! I will have to find some more of these.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, that seems remotely familiar. I was born in 1969 and a cartoon-aholic as a kid! I must have seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved that show. You always bring back the good memories, thanks!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I totally remember this cartoon! I loved watching it as a kid on Saturday mornings. And as you mentioned, it was aired along with the Pink Panther, another one of my faves.

    Thanks for the trip down memory lane. :)

    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhhhh! I remember this! I loved it! :0)

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm..new to me, too. But cute! =) Now, I want to go searching for some of the old cartoons that I used to watch when I was younger!!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm. I'm stumped. It sort of rings a bell, but not quite. It's like I've seen it, but I haven't.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vaguely. . . but at my age, the memory starts to fail

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep...I watched this one...isn't it funny what interested us back then...Son would never watch this today...grin...

    ReplyDelete