Monday, May 3, 2010

Dang, it's windy!


We had to run up to town this afternoon to return something to Walmart. When we left the house, it was raining and the winds were really picking up. There were branches down everywhere and we noticed a few trees down in our neighborhood. When we came home, we saw this (picture above) in our yard. Bummer. It was one of our favorite trees. Our next door neighbors have an aspen lying across their lawn. I guess the winds got pretty wild for the short time we were away. Rick's got the tree all cut up now and we're hoping we don't lose any more. The 30+mph winds are supposed to stay around until tomorrow night. This tree landed about 6 feet from our house. The scary thing is that the tree to the left of it is way, way taller.

I had a yucky night. Some of you know I get really bad back spasms from time to time. When I went to bed last night, I had a funny feeling in my chest. I thought maybe I had eaten too much at dinner or something. I woke up at 1:30am with the spasms and then realized that was the pain I was feeling earlier. I should have recognized it. So, I was miserable for nearly 2 hours until my medications kicked it. I got out our massager pad thing and that helped a lot. But of course, I'm a zombie today from the meds and still not feeling all that great. Between back spasms and downed pine trees, it's been a yucky day. I hope yours is going better!

7 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better and sooooo sorry about the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is INCREDIBLY windy here tonight!! From time to time, it sounds like it's going to blow the walls in!! Seriously. Sorry you lost your favourite tree. :(

    And I'm so sorry to hear that you were in a lot of pain last night. Hope you are having a better evening tonight.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer on two counts! Hope you're feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the poor tree. And your poor back. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pic is mighty impressive.

    Sorry to hear about your back--that can really be debilitating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot bear strong winds. Awful stuff. I think you're getting our winds from Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Strong winds are scary - we had a bad storm last week and there were alot of trees down, hydro wires down etc. Nature has to remind us of its power every so often I guess.

    ReplyDelete