Monday, May 31, 2010

I miss my kitty ...


Today has been an emotional day for me. I had to do something I've putting putting off for a long time -- clean my bedroom. I know that sounds lame, but ever since we had to put Belle to sleep I haven't wanted to do it. I make my bed everyday, mind you, and I keep it picked up. I just haven't done a good, thorough cleaning in awhile. In the corner of the room next to my bed was a little box Belle used to play in. It had a blanket in it, some of her toys, and on top there was a pillow she slept on all the time.

I knew I'd have to pick it up eventually, but it wasn't something I wanted to do. We also had little pet steps at the end of our bed that helped her get up. I still hadn't moved those, if you can believe that. Towards the last few weeks of her life, she slept under the chair in the other corner of the room. She had pulled out a lot of her hair, so we did clean that up right away, as well as remove her little water dish. But, I still had the other box and her little basket of kitty things. I can't explain it -- it was just emotional.

However, the dust was getting thick and I have company coming over in July, so it had to be done. It was hard. I haven't broken down like that in a long time. The good part is that I moved things around and it's clean and organized again. Now I have to tackle the bathroom, which I'm not looking forward to. Rick just accused me of closet encroachment, so I'm thinking I need to get that organized as well. But anyway, it's been a weird day. We still miss Belle so much. Life just isn't the same without her.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. I had to do the same thing when we lost Suzy in the spring. It's so hard. It does get better with time but you never forget.

    By the way, your Belle, looks just like our new Henry (Henriette). So take some comfort in that she might be reincarnated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to lose a loved one - pet or person.

    Time helps.

    ReplyDelete