Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Wind in the Willows


I'm going to start reading The Wind in the Willows to the boys today in school. The only version I have is the Great Illustrated Classics, which is an adapted version. I've heard there is quite a bit of the story taken out, but since it's all I have, that's what I'm starting with. The boys are familiar with Mr. Toad's Wild Ride at Disneyland, so maybe it will make a little more sense to them after reading this book. I was hoping they had the same ride at the Magic Kingdom, but I read they shut it down in 1998. It was replaced it with the Winnie The Pooh ride. That's a cute ride, but I like Mr. Toad's better. Oh well ... I guess we can't have it all.

Do you have a favorite character in The Wind in the Willows?

3 comments:

  1. Actually, that's a book I need to reread. I didn't like it the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A couple of my friends are in Disneyland this week, I'm missing Mr. Toad :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been ages and ages and ages since I read it. Like Marcia I need to pick it up again. The one I remember reading had fabulous illustrations and quite a thick book.

    ReplyDelete