Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

A few nights ago I was sorting through some things in my closet when I got down one of my old jewelry boxes. I don't use it regularly, but had some extra stuff in it that I didn't want to get rid of. Pictured here are three things the girls made me for Mother's Day over the years. Keep in mind that my girls are ages 21 and 20 now, so I've had these little knickknacks for a long time. The coupons are even perforated. They were too cute that I never wanted to rip them out, so I tucked them away in my box. I have the sweetest kids! Of course, every mom feels that way, but I'm blessed.

This morning Rick brought me breakfast in bed, which was a special treat. I was also given some beautiful cards, fresh flowers, gift certificates, and a French press travel mug. Now I can have good coffee wherever I go. I spent most of the morning on the deck sitting in the sun and even had lunch out there. The clouds are starting to roll in now, so it's back inside for the day. I hope everyone is having a great Sunday. Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

  1. You had a very special Mother's Day! I've saved a few things from my girls over the years, too. It's fun to find them again, lots of memories.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking that's the difference between boys and girls--I gave my mom things like that all the time--all my sons give me are the projects they're forced to make at school! Never would they think to buy me something like a trinket or jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful day, Rena!
    I have so many of the homemade gifts saved from each year. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete