Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Nativities and minis ...


I had to go to the dentist today, which is an hour away in the city of Whitefish. On my way home, I stopped at a few thrift stores. One was new by the Humane Society. I found the Nativity pictured above for two dollars. It has a few dings in the finish, but I think I can touch those up. I collect Nativity scenes and am getting really partial to the one piece sets. Sorry the picture is blurry, but you get the idea.


I also found this plaid skirt pictured above. I'm really into plaid right now, as some of you know. This skirt is cool because it has bike shorts attached inside. So, I guess it's a skort, although it looks like a skirt in the back as well. If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook, I've been doing a "______ a day" theme. I started with coffee mugs. Then I went to jammie pants. Then I did Little Golden Books. Now I'm doing "Plaid of the Day" and posting a picture of something related. So, if you're interested in plaid, check it out.

I got the skirt home and tried it on. I figured it would fit, but I didn't bother trying it on at the store. As it turned out, I liked it a lot more once I got it on. I'm kicking myself for not buying a pair of capris in the same fabric. They were by the same company, so I'm figuring whoever donated them to the Salvation Army probably gave both up at the same time. I'd like to go back for the pants, but am not sure when I'll be up in town again. I don't think I can talk Rick into stopping on his way home from work. He hates that place.


3 comments:

  1. Neat finds, Rena! I love going to thrift stores. I found a bunch of books Tuesday (one Little Golden Book and a bunch on poems-kids and adults). I like clothes by Christopher Banks. I've never bought them at the store, they are too expensive, but I find them at this thrift store I go to all the time. My neighbor, who is a teacher, is envious of what I find for only 25 cents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always find the best stuff when you thrift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THrift store finds are amazing!

    ReplyDelete