Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Nativity Collection


I made a slideshow of my nativity collection. I have over 50 sets and that doesn't include all of my nativity ornaments. I keep my nativity ornaments on a 3' tree and I hope to get pictures of them this year. These are my other sets. Some are tiny, others are big and a few are handmade. I've been collecting nativities for years. One of my favorite ones is the blue triangle shaped one that my daughter painted on a rock for me. I don't go for the real expensive sets, which makes collecting them a lot more fun. I saw one at Ross the other day and now that I've got my sets out again, I'm thinking I might have to go back and get it. I only put them out at Christmas and since I have so many, they're everywhere. I put most of them on my windowsills. That's one good thing about having a great room with many windows.

I have also been tagged by Adrienne to answer the One Word challenge, so here are my answers to that. I'm not sure who to tag, so I'll leave it open to anyone who wants to do this on their blog as well.

  • Where is your cell phone? Purse
  • Where is your significant other? Work
  • Your hair color? Brown
  • Your mother? Convalescent
  • Your father? Deceased
  • Your favorite thing? iPod
  • Your dream last night? Deer
  • Your dream/goal? Published
  • The room you're in? Bedroom
  • Your hobby? Photography
  • Your fear? Worms
  • Where do you want to be in 6 years? Here
  • Where were you last night? Home
  • What you're not? Asleep
  • One of your wish-list items? Book
  • Where you grew up? Ojai
  • Last thing you did? Upload
  • What are you wearing? Jammies
  • Your TV? New
  • Your pet? Sleeping
  • Your computer? Sony
  • Your mood? Cranky
  • Missing someone? Yes
  • Your car? Wrangler
  • Something you're not wearing? Socks
  • Favorite store? Crowded
  • Your summer? Kayaks
  • Love someone? Yes
  • Your favorite color? Blue
  • When is the last time you laughed? Yesterday
  • Last time you cried? Writing

8 comments:

  1. Same dream/goal...

    It would be interesting to hear more about where you grew up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 50! They are beautiful, you must have a LOT of windowsill space. I noticed you have one that we have as well. My kids also have a couple of homemade ones that I love. My favorite is the one that is in the cross!
    I'm in my pj's still too (though it is much later now than when you were in yours!)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim -- Are you familiar with Ojai? I figured you might be, if you've been to Solvang. Maybe I'll do a post about Ojai sometime. I lived there for 40+ years. I was born in Santa Barbara, but spent most of my life in Ojai.

    Kelly -- Thanks and yeah, we have 10 big windows in that room, so it's perfect for my collection. You said you had one that I had, so now I'm curious which one it was. Also, that cross one is my newest. Rick bought that for me either in Great Falls or Butte, MT when he went to some classes for his work recently. I just added that picture this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those are all really beautiful and so many different kinds. I'll bet your house looks wonderful at Christmas.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty collection. I love the wooden one.

    So sorry you're cranky! I think you should take a break and watch Elf :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nance -- Thanks. Right now it's a mess with storage boxes everywhere. I've got a lot of the upstairs done, but haven't started downstairs yet. Maybe today.

    Adrienne -- Which wood one? LOL because I have 4 that are all wood. The light tan wooden one I bought at the Trinity Broadcast Studios (TBS) quite a few years back. It's made from olive wood that came from Israel. Then there is another wooden one that's all one piece and 2 others that have carved wooden figures. Are you confused yet, or am I?

    I think the most expensive set is probably the bears. My ILs gave those to me last year when she was visiting. Those are Jeff Fleming bears, and if you've ever been to a national park giftshop, you've probably seen his work. He lives right here in Kalispell. His stuff is SO expensive, but cute as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adrienne -- I forgot to add that I have never seen ELF. We've had it a few years now, but I've never watched it. I'll have to do that this year.

    I'm not as cranky now, thank goodness. I woke up too early, I guess. Now I'm just crabby. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful collection Rena!
    I never realized there were so many kinds! You must have lots of space for so many displays! Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete