Thursday, August 4, 2011

It's that time again ...

Time to start thinking about school. I don't know about you, but I've been in major-summer-mode since early June. I blame Disney World for that. Then July snuck in. It came and went like a thief in the night. Now it's already August. What happened? Every morning I get up thinking, "Today I'm going to start working on school stuff!" Yeahrightsure. Then the sun comes out and I find myself zoning on the deck in the lounge chair. We had a long winter and pretty much missed spring this year, so I guess that makes it okay. I think this is the first time I've had a good tan in years. But, as with all good things, the fun can't last forever ...

So, I will find myself buried in my classroom soon. This picture was taken right before the 2009 school year started. It's pretty much set up the same way now, but way messier. I haven't done anything in there since we finished school in June, so it's a disaster. I've tried to avoid that room all summer. By the looks of it -- I've succeeded, so I guess you can say I've accomplished at least one thing this summer. My next big project will be organizing all of last year's school work into binders, rearranging all the furniture, digging through curriculum books, and all that fun stuff. I have about a month's worth of work in there, but realistically I can get it done in a few days -- that is, once I set my mind to it.

I was hoping to attend the Montana Homeschool Convention this year, but it was postponed because they didn't have enough people. I think that was their fault because their website was all messed up. I tried to get information to register, but none of the links worked. It's no wonder no one was signing up. I wanted to go to the convention because it's been a few years since I went to one. I think the last one was in 2008 in Great Falls. Even though I've been homeschooling 15 years, it's still nice to go to these things. I get new ideas and meet other families doing the same thing. I always leave feeling rejuvenated and ready to get back to school. Although, sometimes the workshops are a little too basic for me, which isn't surprising since I've been homeschooling so long. I could probably do a workshop of my own, but that's just not my thing. I heard they might reschedule the convention in the spring, so I hope that's the case. I really think I need to go to another one.

1 comment: