Thursday, May 3, 2012

Quick update ...


I apologize for being such a slacker with my blog lately as well as not visiting everyone else's blogs like I normally do. Things have been busy, but I really hope to catch up with everyone's news soon. We just got home from picking up Nicole from college. She goes to school in Billings, which is an 8-hour drive. We left there around 9:30am and got home around 6pm. It's been a long day. I just exercised and I'm about to head to bed, but wanted to post something to let everyone know I'm still alive.

I took this picture of the two deer this evening. I'm not sure how old they are, but they're still pretty young. We had a tree fall down the other morning and for some reason the deer have been going nuts over it. It was a big, dead tree that we knew we'd have to take down soon. Unfortunately, the tree beat us to it and decided to come down Wednesday morning. It was really loud.

As you can see from the picture below, it damaged our deck pretty badly. The good news is that it came down at 4am, so no one was outside. My boys play on that rock everyday, so it could have been much worse. It's still sitting there just like this because we had to leave to get Nicole and couldn't do anything about it. Fortunately, it only hit part of the roof and it doesn't look like it damaged much other than a few tiles. The deck however, definitely needs some work. But hey, at least we have firewood now.

2 comments: