Saturday, June 5, 2010

GTNP here we come!


By this time tomorrow, we should be settling in near the west entrance of Yellowstone. Then on Monday we'll drive through Yellowstone down to Grand Teton, where we'll stay 4 nights. Out of all the parks I've been to, GTNP is my favorite. It looks like we might have some rain, and possibly snow, but that's fine with me. I love the place so much and we haven't been there since 2003. We spent the day getting our travel trailer packed up. It's all hooked up to the van and we have the bikes and kayaks, if weather permits. I think we're leaving pretty early. The boys are really excited. It's too bad the girls won't be joining us, but they're both busy with work.

We'll be taking along two friends with us -- Mr. Sole Monkey and Dilly. Check out Mr. Sole Monkey's blog for more information on him. We're currently hosting him and are really excited that he's going to join us on our trip. I'm hoping to get lots of photos for his blog. As for Dilly, he's coming along too, so if you're a member of his fan page on Facebook, check there for updates. If you'd like to join his page, it's listed under A New Job for Dilly on Facebook. Anyway, I know we have Internet access in West Yellowstone, but not sure about GTNP. I'll keep you posted.

15 comments:

  1. Ah, have fun! Sounds beautiful and adventurous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're having a wonderful time. Just the mountains in the background of the photo look magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so amazing there, I loved it. It has been a loooong time though. Can't wait to see all your pictures!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time. Can't wait to see your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. have a wonderful time. We loved going camping when the kids were little. I've always wanted to visit out west, but have never ventured there yet, maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your adeventures are wonderful! I'm only slightly jealous...I really hope to see that part of the country someday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you and your family have a wonderful time. And I really hope Mr. Sole Monkey doesn't get into too much troulbe!!! :) Hee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooooo want to go back to Yellowstone! Can't wait to hear all your good stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love it out there! I'm so jealous! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a wonderful trip, and take LOTS of pictures to share with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun time you're going to have!

    ReplyDelete