Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Montana Sunset


Summer in Montana is beautiful, but I'm still not used to it staying light so long. Right now it's not getting dark until 10pm. At the end of July, it won't be dark until almost 11pm. I wonder if I'll ever get used to that. Last night I took my laptop on the deck to work on some files when I noticed a beautiful sunset coming on. It's amazing how fast it appeared and how quickly it went away. I got a few good pictures though, including this one above. This was taken on my deck, overlooking my neighbor's house. I love getting a really good picture without having to put my shoes on or even leave the house.

In other news, I keep forgetting to post the winner of the squirting bath toys from Beth's contest for her In My Bath book blog. The winner for that is ...


Congratulations, Lydia! I'll just need an address from you that I can pass it onto Beth and she'll get your prize out to you right away. Beth's book is really cute and I'm looking forward to adding it to my collection of books.

11 comments:

  1. That photo is absolutely gorgeous, Rena!!!
    And congrats to Lydia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful sunset. I never realized it stayed light for so long in Montana. That would take some getting used to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen a sunset with so many different colors. We don't see them in the city. That's wild about it staying dark until 10 or 11 . Here,it stays dark till 9 for maybe a month and a half.Makes it easier to go to bed earlier!

    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous picture! But like you I'm not sure I could get used to the sun setting at 10:00 PM. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe----mazing!

    Breath---taking

    Absolutely beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so psyched for winning this! Thanks again Rena. And that picture is breathtaking!!!
    I can't imagine having it still be light outside at 10pm. It's weird enough having it be light at 8:30!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning picture! I want to climb that tree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to Lydia. And what a beautiful sunset. It's amazing! :)


    PS I sent another note about getting the mailing address for Mr. Sole.

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous sunset photo!

    As for getting dark at 10:00, that sounds pretty early to me right now. Here in Fairbanks we only see a few hours of dusk, with 21 1/2 hours between sunrise and sunset, but we are losing about four minutes a day already. After living with the rapidly changing hours of daylight between summer and winter for many years, you learn to not use dark or light as your cues for bedtime or getting up. It can change almost an hour in a week's time, and we won't notice it getting dark until August. I will say though that everyone tends to try to cram more into the day during the summer, and you can easily lose track of how late it is getting as you are busily occupied with one task or another.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How pretty! But I hear you, we're not as north as you, but the late nights do get long after a while.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, awesome picture, Rena! I love this time of year when it's light so long. Probably because I'm more of a night owl than a morning person. I was in Alaska during the Summer Solstice a few years ago and it was pretty cool to be up at 11:00 p.m. to see the sun "set."

    ReplyDelete