Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Lions, tigers & bears ...



Do you think you could make something like this? Yes, I mean YOU! Would you believe they are made out of paper you print on your printer? Check out the Yamaha Motor site by clicking on the name. Awhile back my friend Sharon sent me this link. I was blown away by the paper crafts section. Back then they only had a few endangered animals and some motorcycles. They have added more animals, seasons and scenes. My oldest daughter made one of these awhile back. I can't remember which animal she did, but I remember it turned out really cool looking. So, if you're sitting around bored with nothing else to do, print one of these up and give it a try. See how it turns out. I think these would be awesome for older kids to do in school, possibly as part of a project about a rare or endangered animal. A fun link.

12 comments:

  1. Wow Rena - these are fabulous! I am going to try the turtle, and the gorilla! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are amazing!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow! That's pretty cool!!!!!! Amazing! I'm always keeping my eyes open for art projects. I'll check it out!

    christy

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! I saw something similar to these on deviantart.com, only they were fantasy creatures. I couldn't tell if they were just CGIs or real paper creatures. I'll try to find it and show you.

    Thanks for the link. I'm sending this one out!

    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, found it:

    http://www.deviantart.com/#order=9&q=papercraft

    A Wall-E one (click on the pic to enlarge)!

    http://ykansaki.deviantart.com/art/Papercraft-Wall-E-91403246

    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are too cool! I'm going to try the polar bear for my kids to try and create for my hubby for part of his bday present next week! (His fantasy football team is called the Polar Bears :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are very cool! I have an origami calendar on my desk and I am seriously behind on those...but I'll add these to my list of things to get to! My son would love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is soooo cool, thanks! I have to try some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I "no" I couldn't do it but I have a friend who can make origami cranes out of a starburst wrapper. She says she made 1000 for her wedding and now can do it with her eyes closed and a scrap of paper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Origami cranes out of Starburst wrappers? Seriously? Now that I'd love to see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't get a paper airplane to fly, so I would be lost trying to do these...grin...

    I am in awe of people who can do this kind of thing with paper...

    ReplyDelete