Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A New Friend for Dilly

Some of you might be wondering what's up with my little, pickle-loving rat, Dilly. The second book, A New Friend for Dilly was due to be released on July 1st, but we had some set-backs and had to change illustrators. Ginger Nielson is now illustrating Dilly and is in the process of working on the second book. I've heard she's really enjoying it and from what I've seen so far, her illustrations are going to be awesome. I was sorry to see Dilly's original illustrator Lisa Oakman go, but I'm sure Ginger will do a fantastic job with our lovable, little rat. Above is a picture of the new cover by Ginger. I'll be making a new book trailer as well. So, even though we've had some delays, Dilly will be making his come back eventually -- and with a friend!

Ginger Nielson has also taken over illustrating my Critter Series and has finished the third book, Pony Strings & Critter Things. I'm not sure on a release date yet, but I believe it will be out before Dilly. I'll let you know when I have more information. Ginger has been a real lifesaver for me. I appreciate her hard work, her willingness to take on these projects at the last moment, and her wonderful creativity in bringing my books and characters to life. Thank you so very much, Ginger!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the vote of confidence, Rena. You are right Dilly is absolutely loveable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I have to get this. My daughter LOVES Dilly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bumps in the publishing road can be so tough -- glad this is working out so well for all. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like your book is in good hands with Ginger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cover! Congratulations to both of you!

    ReplyDelete