Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Orange Creamsicle

It's been hot here lately, which always makes me crave ice cream and other cold treats. There are low-carb ice creams, but lately I've been making this shake and it tastes just like a Creamsicle. The one pictured here is about 33 calories, believe it or not. And that's only because I added the whipped cream so it would look pretty for the picture. On average, the ones I make are only 18 calories. Yeah ... eighteen calories! How can that be?

ORANGE CREAMSICLE

1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (18 calories)

1/2 cup water

1 packet orange-mango Lipton On-The-Go

1 packet sweetener (I use Truvia)

crushed ice (I use a tumbler full)

Put it all in a blender and blend until smooth. That's it! If you prefer, you can use regular milk instead of almond milk. I only drink almond milk now because it has no carbs. And to make it creamier, you can use a full cup of milk. I use a half just to cut down on the calories. The orange-mango is awesome, but you could use any of the other flavor mixes. These are great on hot days and even better because they're low-carb and low-calorie. I suppose you could even make it zero calories if you used only water. I've done that and it's a simple orange slush-like drink.

5 comments:

  1. We've got a bumper crop of raspberries to blend into stuff. All we want are cool, sweet things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might try it but I'm such a pig - I'd rather run 10 miles and have ice cream and milk - I know, I know, it counteracts all my hard work - what can I say...I'm a pig

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds yummy!! I'd like to try it :) I'm dieting and exercising like crazy because I'm going to be in a wedding next month. yikes! haha:)

    ReplyDelete