Tuesday, June 5, 2012

It's summertime for Dilly!


Maybe you don't know what that means, but I do. Summer is when I tend to write, or at least attempt to write more. Homeschooling the boys keeps me busy, so I generally don't write too much from September through June. Oh, I get lots of ideas all right. My boys are constantly coming up with new story ideas -- whether they're for Dilly, Critters, The Marshmallow Man, or even something completely new. Actually having the time to sit down and work on them is harder when we're busy with school.

However, I am working on a new story for Dilly. It's no where near being completed, but it follows along the same idea as the other books. Dilly is a pickle-loving rat, who is also a bit obsessed with searching the alphabet to find things he wants. In A New Job for Dilly, he searched from A to Z to find the perfect job. In the second book, A New Friend for Dilly, he did the same trying to find the perfect friend. The third book will be A Dinner Date for Dilly, in which he searches for the perfect meal. I'm hungry already!

So anyway, now I'm working on another one, although I don't know if my publisher will be interested in doing anymore of the Dilly books just yet. I hope so, but we'll have to wait and see. I do have another manuscript for Dilly completed, but it's not under contract yet. That one involves traveling, and I hope we can make it happen as a book sometime as well.

4 comments:

  1. I loved your fist Dilly book that you sent me I know this one will be great as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope some publishers who will fall in love with the latest Dilly! All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for more Dilly! Good luck, Rena!

    ReplyDelete