Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Marshmallow Man


Last night I got to see the cover for my next picture book, The Marshmallow Man for the very first time. Neil was standing next to me when I opened the file, and we both pretty much squealed with delight. The book is illustrated by Stephen Macquignon, published by 4RV Publishing LLC, and due out around December. I absolutely love the cover and can't wait to see what Stephen has created with the story. I feel blessed to be working with such talented people like Stephen, Lisa Oakman, Nikki Shoemaker, and Vivian Zabel. The Marshmallow Man is a retelling of the classic Gingerbread Man story, but with all new characters and a fun, new twisted ending.

Run, run, run, fast as you can ...
You can't catch me ... I'm the marshmallow man!

20 comments:

  1. Very nice cover! You will be pleased with Stephen's work. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting, Rena! Looks good. :)

    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Good luck with both of your books, Rena.

    Cheers,

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwww! That is the cutest cover! Plus I want to eat it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, Rena! Sounds like a fun story, too. Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool AND fun!!! :) I can't wait to see the finished project. WEeeeeee! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool! I look forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! He is cute Rena! Interesting that of your 3 books, you have had 3 different illustrators assigned. Makes me wonder how the publisher decides who makes the 'right fit.' Whomever decides, it looks like another winner to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! It looks good enough to eat. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great cover, congrats! It's so whimsical and pretty! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait for you to see the whole thing

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the cover! I bet the rest of the illos will be just as delightful. Can't wait to see them -- and to read the story.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so excited, can't wait!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too cool, Rena! Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks great, Rena...Congrats! Another one I've added to my Reading wishlist...Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just in time for Christmas! I can't wait to order it.

    I got Dilly in the mail last week. It was perfect timing and Jillian loved her new book!

    Thanks!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love, uh, marshmallow men, yes, that's what I mean to say, uh, marshmallow men.

    *laugh*

    ReplyDelete