Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Back-To-School ...


We started back to school yesterday after two weeks off. It was so nice to have the break, especially having Nicole home. She's no longer in college, but still lives in Billings, so we don't see her nearly as much as we'd like. Even with having to take time off for my father-in-law's funeral in late November, we still took our regular time off for Christmas and New Year's. We'll make up for lost time as we go along the rest of the school year. The boys are busy with their academics, but we still try to do fun stuff to break up the stresses of things like pre-algebra and geometry. I still read aloud to them every day. This week they're sketching dinosaurs, which has been fun. Yesterday they did Tyrannosaurus Rex. Today they were working on a Stegosaurus. I had to run up to town for a bit, so I haven't seen the final copies of those yet. Even so, it's good to be back in the swing of things and finally have a little normalcy.  

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Great sketches! We are back to school too. I loved our break. But I do like routine too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly! Yeah, even though we've been home all the same time as break, it's nice to get back into a routine. :)

      Delete
  2. I hear you! The structure of a day can sure help a lot with a family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely does! Now if only I could get all my Christmas stuff put away. Yikes.

      Delete