Monday, January 4, 2016

Shoot for the moon ...


I took this photograph sometime in early December. These past few days I've been thinking about what I want to do differently in 2016. I'm usually pretty good about making New Year's Resolutions, but I'm not always so good at keeping them. Had I thought of any before, I would have posted them. As the days have gone by though, a few have popped into my mind.

For one, I would like to take more photographs. I know that sounds totally stupid because I take photos all day long. We always see people with their faces glued to their phones. I do that too, but it's mostly relating to some silly picture I took, or some photo challenge I'm following. However, I'd like to get outside and take more photographs with my camera, and not just my phone. I took the moon photo with my Canon obviously. Now that I think about it, I took this in California while I was home for my father-in-law's funeral.

I would also like to read more. I'm starting up my One Year Bible again, so that's a start. I have so many books I want to read. I've gotten in this bad habit of staring into my phone at night before I go to bed. I need to put it down and read more. I've been spending way too much time online. Anyway, it's nothing major, but it's a start. I think Norman Vincent Peale says it well ...

No comments:

Post a Comment