Saturday, January 2, 2016

New Beginnings ...


The year 2015 was full of challenges, upsets, losses, and disappointments. Sure, there were good things about the year, but I'm not in a mental state to focus on them right now. I need to concentrate more on the negative—mostly negative things I know I did—and try to work from there. I have a list of things I want to do this year to improve my outlook on life, and hopefully, make me a better person. One of those is reading my Bible more. I started my One Year Bible last year, as some of you might recall, but I only got about halfway. I've read the entire thing before, but last year I slacked off. I need to get back with that, so that's just one thing I want to start doing. I began it last night and found Psalm 1:1-6 sums me up perfectly right now ...

Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked,
or stand around with sinners, or join in with scoffers.
But they delight in doing everything the Lord wants;
day and night they think about His law.
They are like trees planted along the riverbank,
bearing fruit each season without fail.
Their leaves never wither, and in all they do, they prosper.
But this is not true of the wicked.
They are like worthless chaff, scattered by the wind.
They will be condemned at the time of judgement.
Sinners will have no place among the godly.
For the Lord watches over the path of the godly,
but the path of the wicked leads to destruction.

Yes, that's me for sure. I really need to stop being like the worthless chaff. I need to be more productive with my life, so hopefully I can prosper more. I hope 2016 is like that for me.

2 comments:

  1. I have never met you, but after years of *knowing* you through your blog and on fb, I don't believe you are worthless chaff. You have raised and home schooled four children, that makes you a hero/teacher in my book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bish. I've always been too hard on myself. I need to work on that. :)

      Delete