Thursday, January 7, 2016

Now reading ...


I decided that I wanted to read more in 2016 and spend less time online. Posting this is an oxymoron in itself, but oh well. I love to read, and I have dozens and dozens of books lying around that I haven't read yet. At first I thought it would be fun to read one new book a week. With school and everything, that's probably not realistic, even though I still read aloud to the boys at the end of each school day. Then I thought one new book a month might work, but that sounds ... well, kind of boring. So, my goal is to read TWO books a month. That doesn't include the ones I read with the boys, or the daily reading of my One Year Bible. I think I can handle reading two a month. If I manage more, then that's great. I'm going to keep track of them in a journal, so that should give me a little accountability.

Right now I'm reading The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. I started it ages ago, on an airplane, I think. I can never read on planes. I get too distracted. I decided to start with that one. I love Neil's dark style of writing. I loved Coraline, both book and movie. So far, The Graveyard Book seems to be just as interesting. It's dark, but interesting, and I heard there might be a film eventually. When I'm finished with that one, I'm going to finally read Michelle Moran's Madame Tussaud book. She writes historical fiction. I have all her books, but haven't read this one yet. That will be interesting.

What are you reading right now? Do you have any reading goals for the New Year?

2 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVED the Graveyard book - let me know what you think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished it this morning. I loved it! I was reading that Ron Howard is working on a live action film, too. I really hope that happens. It's a fascinating story!

      Delete