Thursday, January 21, 2016

Squirrel Appreciation Day


Where would I be without my beloved squirrels? I know many people despise them, but I love watching them. Denny does too, for that matter. Montana is home to about nine or ten different types of squirrels. The ones I see around my house are the Red Squirrels. The one pictured on my blog heading is a Columbian Ground Squirrel. I took that picture up in Glacier National Park, but we do have them in our neighborhood. I just don't see them in my yard. I've also seen Northern Flying Squirrels at the house, but only at night. They are weird looking critters with their big, buggy eyes. A group of squirrels is called a scurry or a dray, although dray often refers to a squirrel nest. I have squirrels featured in one of my picture books, illustrated by Ginger NielsonRhino Crashes & Critter Classes. Click on the link if you're interested in learning more about my books. Happy Squirrel Appreciation Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment