Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wish I could go ...


I've really been enjoying the Africam website lately. My boys are totally into it and have been looking up African animals for days now. We've seen elephants, rhinos, zebras, water monitors, owls, jackals, baboons, warthogs, foxes, and a lot more. It's incredible.

Thanks to Nancy, who took the time to look up the location of all these reserves, I know want to go to ALL of them! Sadly, it's not something I don't think I could ever afford. I've heard these African safari trips are something like $5000 a person, not including airfare. However, the resorts located on these animal reserves are nothing but spectacular. Check them out ...


They all look fantastic. Poor Nathan wants to go so bad too. I consider myself pretty lucky to be surrounded by the wildlife I see in Montana. I mean, I've had huge bears on my deck looking in my door at me! But going to Africa would be so awesome -- just too awesome.

11 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted that cool link. It is too expensive for us to go as well, so good to watch for free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to visit Africa. I understand it's amazing. If anyone has a blog contest with a free Africa trip as the prize, I will definitely enter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! I'd love to go. My son was the lucky on. He was in Tanzania doing some voluntary work,a student initiative. He was in Serengeti and saw the great safari there. Nothing was free tho- it was fully paid by us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That shot looks awesome! I can imagine lounging there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would be a cool trip. My stepsister-inlaw lived in Africa for a year. She was a volunteer social worker. Man, does she have the stories. She loved all the different animals, but she was in danger a few times!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. It would be nice to see the animals in their natural setting rather than a zoo or park....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sent your Africam link to a friend with a son who is mad for animals. They're loving it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Internet has brought a whole new dimension to travel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! I´m marina oher time. I would like you visit me because I had put more beautiful drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to visit Africa. Wow. When my kids get older, I hope to go.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw the postings about this on FB but hadn't gathered the energy to check them out yet. They look awesome. (To be honest I have been using FB as a mind numbing experience this past week.)

    Never say never though - perhaps one day you will get to go in person. I will tell Vince to go buy a lotto ticket and if he wins, we all go. :)

    ReplyDelete