Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Orange Hawkweed


I'm on a flower kick lately. I can't even drive up my road without wanting to stop and take a picture. I took this one the other day. I kept seeing these, but they were growing in a place I didn't want to stop my car. It was on a blind curve and I would have gotten creamed. I was glad to find the same flowers when we went panning for gold the other day.

I'm pretty sure it's an Orange Hawkweed. I previously had this listed as an Orange Mountain Dandelion, but someone brought it to my attention that it was probably a hawkweed, which is not native to Montana. I'm kind of thinking that the ones I see by my road ARE the dandelions because they look a little different. Anyway, it's still pretty, even if it's just a weed. Thanks to Marilyn for letting me know.

9 comments:

  1. Love your flower pics! Keep 'em comin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I attend the University of Tennessee, so I am biased toward orange. But what you said on Verla's is correct--that is the prettiest weed ever, ever.

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found the "What did you blog about today?" section on Verla, and I had to see a picture of a weed. This is definitely a blogging first!

    And you're right; that is a mighty good looking weed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're gorgeous! A lovely little juicy sunburst!

    ReplyDelete
  5. IT's gorgeous, Rena..I have these in yellow, looks a lot like dandelion, but the body is different..

    ReplyDelete
  6. The butterfly and hawkweed photos are really good, Rena. I love the splash of color, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flower, Rena. I feel the same as you in general. I almost always have my camera with me as you never know what you could possibly stumble upon whilst out and about! :)

    A happy hello from Cherry Tree! Hee

    ReplyDelete