- I have a strange fear of high places. I'm scared to death on steep mountain roads while driving in our big van, but I love it in my little Jeep. I also don't like gondola cars, but am perfectly fine sitting on a chairlift all out in the open.
- I don't like salmon. I tried it for the first time when I went on a cruise back in the early 80s. Then just recently, I tried it again and still didn't like it. I had a hard time swallowing one bite.
- I was in a bad bike accident in the 70s. I got on a bike barefoot that had no brakes and then rode down a steep hill. The only way I could stop was by making a sharp turn into a driveway, crashing into a teacher's car. I lost most of the skin off my heel and had some nasty cuts. Not the smartest thing I've done.
- I write picture books, but read political books. Yeah, I'm weird.
- I get majorly creeped out when my husband uses his back scratcher when I'm in the room. All I think about are skin cells flying in the air and going into my nose and lungs. It totally grosses me out.
- I am pretty fast at typing. I took typing class every year I could in high school. However, when it comes to taking a timed test to see what my WMP is, I clam up and usually get an awful score.
- I was accused of a crime I didn't commit when I was a little kid. I was looking at a candy display in Kmart when I noticed one of the packages was opened. Remember those candy dots that were stuck on sheets of paper? An employee walked up and accused me of eating the candy -- what a worm.
I would like to nominate the following bloggers for this award ...
And don't forget about my book giveaway! It's a few posts down. I'm giving away an autographed copy of Lemur Troops & Critter Groups. Check the blog below for details and remember to tell your friends to enter if they would like. Thanks so much!