Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Christmas Cheapies


My girls and I went shopping yesterday and stopped at the Salvation Army on our way home. I found a couple of Little Golden Books and the second book in the Indian in the Cupboard series. On our way to the register, I saw this Nativity. It's about 7-8 inches tall, so it's pretty good sized. The tag said $2.50 and I figured that was decent, so I grabbed it for my collection. What I didn't realize was that all Christmas items were 75% off. So, this Nativity cost me a whopping 62 cents! It's kind of tacky, but that's what I like about it.

The girls and I also went to a used bookstore. I had a bag of old curriculum books and a few books that I had duplicates of, so I turned those in for store credit. The owner gave me $15 credit, so between the girls and I, we managed to walk out with another bag filled with books without having to pay anything. That was pretty cool. I found more Little Golden Books, one of the Eat This, Not That books, and a book on the history of pirates. Nichelle and Nicole both got books also, and it didn't cost us a cent.

Now that's Christmas shopping at its finest!

2 comments:

  1. Love deals like that. :)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you always get awesome deals! I want to go shopping with you!

    ReplyDelete