Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Faint Cake?


I hope everyone had a nice Christmas. Ours was quiet, but nice. I still have all the decorations up, and I'm not sure when I'll feel up to taking everything down. It seems a lot of people have already done that, but I guess I'm in no rush. It feels like we just got everything set up. Where did December go?

This is a picture of our cake we had for Christmas dinner. Neil asked if I could bake a cake instead of doing the usual pie for dessert. Neil never asks for anything specific to eat, so I really wanted to make it for him. He asked for chocolate cake with white frosting, tinted green. He loves M&Ms, so I figured those would be perfect for ornaments. Neil is my pickiest eater, by the way, so I wanted to make something special for him.

As I was decorating it, I became really light-headed, so I stopped and pulled up a chair. A few minutes later, I knew I was going down. I got up and went to my room and barely made it to my bed before collapsing. Everything went dark for a second. A few minutes later, I felt fine. Nichelle came in and asked if I was okay and said I looked kind of pale. I have no idea what happened. Maybe not enough sleep? It was really weird. Anyway, Nichelle saved the day and finished Neil's Christmas cake -- yay for Nichelle!

8 comments:

  1. Take care of yourself! You may have been working way too hard this Christmas. Love the cake! Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that you were't feeling well and hope this note finds you up and about again. The Christmas Cake totally rocks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had something like that happen to me a couple of years ago. I was just getting over a cold and the doctor said it was an imbalance caused by the sinus congestion.

    You aren't just getting over a cold...are you?

    BTW, the cake is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it was just a fluke that you fainted! Pretty cake...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope it was just a case of working too hard (it happens around the holidays!)...
    The cake came out beautiful, though. Clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Green Girl, I hope the fainting was a fluke.

    The cake is awesome! And I love that you got to make something special for your picky eater. Makes it even more special. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cake looks beautiful! And delicious.
    I hope you are done with the fainting! That is scary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too much going on I'm sure! But the cake looks lovely. You really outdid yourself. That was probably why. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete