Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Blah, blah, blah ...


I need to catch up on reading blogs sometime today. I tried to do that the other night, but every time I left a reply my computer would have a glitch and it would open up window after window after window. I think it had something to do with the cookies -- whatever the heck those are. So, if you haven't heard from me on your blog, blame it on my cookies. Oh, by the way, I took this picture the other day. The weather has been whacky, so I haven't seen many flowers yet, but I saw these when we went for a bike ride. There is a bee flying between them. Kind of hard to see unless you enlarge it.

I'm sitting here in bed, with an empty coffee cup, wishing I didn't have to get up to get a second cup. It's raining pretty hard right now, which is nice. I like rain this time of year. I don't like it in summer when it brings thunderstorms because those bring forest fires. But this time of year when everything is just getting green again, the rain is nice. But then again, just as I've been typing, it's started snowing too. It's too warm for it to stick to the ground, but between the rain, the wind, and now the snowflakes -- I don't think it knows what it wants to do.

I spent most of yesterday working on a new website. It's not up yet, but I will let you know when it is. Initially, I was going to make it more child-like to go along with my books. I planned to remove the photography stuff and make it more bright and cheerful. Well, turns out I went with a black & white format instead. So much for bright and cheery, but I think I like it. I'm not sure if I will make anymore changes yet. I stayed up late working on it and then woke up way too early with it stuck in my head. I need more coffee ...

Thanks to everyone who took the time to watch my book trailers. I'm sorry I've had to change them so much, but it's tricky finding music that's free to use. I think I have it so I'm not breaking any copyright laws now. I loved making the trailers. I could really get into doing that some more. Hopefully, I can get more books published so I can! I also wrote the first draft of a picture book yesterday. It's another alphabet book, so that makes the fifth one I've written. And, I have another picture book idea stirring around in my head, so I'm not sure when I'll start on that. It seems I write in phases. I either have no ideas whatsoever, or I have too many that I can't get them down fast enough. Blah, blah, blah -- I know I'm rambling. Okay, I'm off for that second cup of coffee now ...

8 comments:

  1. Gotta love spring time in the mountains! It gets a little weird on the plains too. lol Your book trailers are great, you did a good job with them.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sitting in bed with a coffee cup listening to the rain sounds so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing a post titles 'Blah, blah, blah...' from you! I'm, sorry that you feel blah, but your post wasn't blah at all. It's nice to hear about your everyday and about your book trailers and it's super nice to know that I am not alone in the world of uber ramblers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got some help (cookies, I was told! but it helped!!) when there were so many glitches in commenting.
    You know,the last time I had coffee in bed when I was on a holiday recently. otherwise, it's always in the kitchen or some part of the house!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your blah sounds kind of nice--a thunderstorm, second cup of coffee, website project. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I thought Texas weather was crazy! (I see the bee.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed your blah post. The flowers are beautiful. We just had a second night of very cold temps and my ferns are all wilted and I'm afraid to look at fruit trees. My writing comes in spurts, too. My stories come when I get inspired. I have just written a new PB and I need to get going and send it out. That's the part I hate, finding an editor to send them to. So many don't accept unsolicited manuscripts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having songs that I MUST listen to everyday is a challenge, but if I don't meet my quota, I literally get fidgety and whiny. It's quite odd.

    ReplyDelete