Saturday, April 10, 2010

Me and my book ...


I was looking through some photos tonight and saw a few of myself with my book, A New Job for Dilly. It occurred to me that I never took any with Lemur Troops & Critter Groups, so I decided to take a few tonight. I posted it on the Critter Groups page on Facebook too. Yep, silly self-portraits, what can I say. Whenever Rick takes my picture, he always makes me laugh and I end up looking even more stupid than usual. Not that I don't look stupid here. Totally stupid. I figured half of my face was better than all of it.

I love this book. I've had it sitting on my bedside table for awhile, but I've been hesitant to pick it up these past few weeks. The page with the cats features my kitty Belle, and my girl's cat along with Nikki's cat. I was afraid I'd lose it if I looked at that particular page and saw Belle again. I finally did today and I'm okay, but damn, I miss her so much. She was ALWAYS in my bedroom and it just feels so empty. She always slept on me too and I really miss that. The slideshow I made of her really puts it into perspective when I realize just how long she had been in our lives. My girls were tiny when we got her and now they're all grown up. It feels like a lifetime, and yet, it also feels like just yesterday. It just isn't the same without her here.

Anyway, it's late and I don't have much to say other than whining about missing my kitty. I wish she were still here with me. CJ too. All I can do is hope and pray that they're together again and waiting for me. I loved it when Bish said that CJ and Belle are comparing notes right now. I sure hope that's the case. And to Nikki -- thank you for including Belle in our book. I didn't realize how important that was going to be to me back when you first suggested it, but it means so much to me now. Thank you.

8 comments:

  1. You don't look stupid, Rena, in fact, you look great,
    but I sure know the feeling whenever I see my face too.

    Sorry about Belle. I watch the slide show, and she looks like she was loved, very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rena, you are very welcome!!!

    You know, that page is very special to me too.. Because after the split with my husband, I no longer have Allie cat... I haven't seen her since October and I don't think I will again... Though I have the girls still, it was hard to say goodbye to her...

    The Slide Show was wonderful!!! I just love the orange that appeared in the strangest places on her! Her toes!!! LOL....

    Best wishes for a better week, my friend!!!

    And you are gorgeous, don't hide you beautiful face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the picture of you. I see humor, mysteriousness. And even a bit of playful cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The book looks great, and so do you! My sympathy on the loss of Belle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone. I know what you mean about the orange, Nikki. All of Belle's siblings were orange tabbies. She was the only striped one of the lot. She just got a splattering on her nose and toes.

    When I took her to the vet for the last time, she grumbled when she came out with her IV. I told the vet she had always been really ornery and he said, "It must be the orange in her." He went on to say that the orange tortoise cats always seem to be the smartest, but always the most feisty. That's certainly been the case with Belle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the book too! I got my copy soon after it came out and just love the idea, the critters, and Nikki's wonderful style. All the best to you both!

    And isn't fun when you can use your own animals in a book! That has to be a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that photo! It's a nice mix of you and work you're proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that's a great pic!!
    It really takes time to not feel so sad after a loved pet dies. I seriously cried every day for weeks after my dog died a little over a year ago. But then you just feel so thankful that they were such an important part of your life. Take care, Rena!!

    ReplyDelete